distress paints -birthday card

I've seen lots of swished brushstroke backgrounds in cards lately and love them. Nichole Heady has lots of these cards in the link and Lisa Spangler has one for the CASE study challenge blog. I wanted to use distress paints especially the picket fence white on kraft to CASE Lisa's card. The top is picket fence with salty ocean over the top, next salty ocean then mustard seed and salty ocean mixed.  (I'm not sure about my attempted green but the other colours are lovely!)

I'm entering this into Simon Says Stamp Challenge...masculine/father's day. I made this for a male birthday but would equally give this to a female (maybe adding some sequins).

I found a bright lipstick I was unable to resist buying out shopping today. It's runway coral by Clinique.

 I think it's going to match a dress I'm wearing to a wedding. Can you tell I'm a looking forward to getting all dolled up?

Bye for now,
Victoria

other supplies used:
Papertrey Ink Stylish Sentiments: Birthday stamps

Comments

  1. Oh, this is fabulous, Victoria! I love your use of the distress paint!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is excellent. Very cool paint stripes, and there you go again, giving me another fabulous idea about how to use those Stylish Birthday Sentiments. Hope you have a fun night out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! The colors look like the ocean to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card CAS card, love the stripes.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful effect with those brush strokes! Love this...a wonderful combination of cool colors! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful card! I think this is one of the most fabulous card in Simon Says Stamp Challenge entries. I love it. Perfect for this coming Dad's day. And speaking of, my best and warmest fathers day greetings to all great dads around the world!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment