dolphin love

Last year my step-brother took his beautiful daughter away at Christmas time to Cuba. One of photo's of their holiday was totally unforgettable - Phoebe was in the sea with two dolphins on either side of her. It is coming up to her birthday time so I wanted to make a card with a dolphin and I love this one from Lawn Fawn's Critters in the Sea stamp set. The dolphin is paper pieced onto cardstock and has foam squares behind to add dimension.
The background paper was originally pearlised cream, from a Craftwork Cards goody bag, and has tumbled glass and broken china distress inks added with Tim Holtz's distressing tool. I like the way the silver swirls catch the light.
The sentiment is from my new favourite stamp set Pretty Phrases by Paper Smooches. It was stamped on PTI vellum with Stazon ink. Scor-tape (1/8") was used to attach the vellum across the top and bottom.

Finally some Lush blue rhinestones were added to the top left to create a triangle effect to the eye.

Comments

  1. This is lovely and fresh the colours and texture look great. I am sure it will bring back lots of fantastic memories for the birthday girl.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment