Sculpey

Inspired by Betsy Veldman and Heather Nichols I decided to make my own clay ornaments. My husband very helpfully warmed the clay for me in his hands( his are hotter). The clay was then rolled out onto greaseproof paper with lolly pop sticks on either side to gain an even thickness (I have to credit the lolly pop sticks idea to my husband). I sprayed the stamp with a little water and then stamped the sentiment into the clay. Next I used a heart shaped cookie cutter to shape the clay. Finally a drinking straw was used to place the hole in the top. I hung the clay ornament over a corner of a photo frame and think it makes a good embellishment!

I love these and can't wait to try some more stamps out. Betsy Veldman uses dies as a template and inks to stamp with- I can see there are lots of possiblities. Check out her Make It Monday video to see how.
Thank you for any kind comments. Have a wonderful day!
Supplies used:
Sculpey Premo clay
stamps: Papertrey Ink script sentiments
Sculpey acrylic clay roller
lolly pop sticks
greaseproof paper
cookie cutter

Comments

  1. Wow! I've bought the clay and never had a go but really must now! This is lovely! Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment