Make It Monday #91: Faux Pockets

This is my entry for this week's Papertrey Ink challenge. BTW I loved the way Dawn said, "hello,there," on this weeks video. It also happens to be my daughter's birthday card. She told me she'd like blue (she chose blue roses for her birthday cake) and black music notes on her card.
 
I placed the faux pocket so that you can see my background stamping onto the patterned paper. I stamped 'You are what happened when I wished upon a star.' Because this is true. I do love occasionally making a wish upon the first star at night. I was pleased with how my stamping fitted in with the pp and when I showed it to my husband he thought I'd stamped the whole paper!
The tag when you take it out of the pocket.

These are 2 of the party bags for her guests:

Maile Belles had a recent post about gift packaging and I followed her link to pinterest where I saw a pin using clothes pegs to close bags. I bought a packet of 60 wooden clothes pegs at Poundstretcher for 99p (great inexpensive idea). My daughter chose black tags and wrote her guests names on with my uni-signo white pen. Kind of looks like a chalkboard doesn't it? So you'll see my tag was inspired by my daughter's.
So we are all ready to celebrate 10 years with a pool party this weekend. Bye for now and thanks for any wonderful comments.

Supplies used:
Dies: PTI tag #3, the Sweet life dies
Patterned papers: MME the Sweetest thing (tangerine)
Inks: PTI hawaiian shores, aqua mist, fresh snow, Versafine habenero
Ribbon: PTI hawaiian shores
Stamps: PTI the Sweet Life, Simply You, Background Basics Sheet Music, Half and Half (stamped onto the tag), Movers and Shakers Sentiments

Comments

  1. Happy Birthday to your daughter. Your card is so very sweet, and I love how the white ink and gel pen stuff looks on the black. It really does look like a trendy chalk board.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card - love the personal message in it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful card. So personal, your daughter will love it. Every detail is a gift of love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finally got this rose set! I just love them in the turquoise color! Meanwhile, if you cover your clothes pins with washi tape they look really cute!

    You asked about Advent ideas.... try this http://kimmccrary.blogspot.com/2010/12/activities-advent.html -- this is where I got most of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the card,especially the tag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, love your chalkboard tag, that's so trendy now! Great idea with the clothes pins too ... different, but still inexpensive. Finally getting a chance to catch up on some blog posts, and wanted to thank you so much for your words of sympathy on my blog last week. They really mean a lot to me! Thanks, Victoria.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment