Make It Monday #92: Layered Vellum Die Cuts

This weeks Papertrey Ink challenge was to use layered vellum die cuts. I ran my vellum die cuts through my Big Shot with the woodgrain IP and they broke! I then tried again adding a leaflet and didn't get enough of an impression so finally ran them through with paper and they came out wonderfully textured.
 I added distress stickles (rock candy) and they curled a bit too much. They currently have an acrylic block on top to flatten them a bit more! The use of the IP and glitter has added interest to the vellum- great tips Melissa. I certainly learnt more about vellum in this challenge.
I hope my American friends have enjoyed Thankgiving Day. I was lucky enough to enjoy a wonderful thanksgiving meal with a lovely American family, when I was a student, although I have to confess I don't like pumpkin pie! I studied in North Carolina for a semester as part of an exchange program and was amazed how welcoming and friendly everyone was.
Thanks for any kind comments.
Other supplies used:
Felt: PTI simply chartreuse
Button: PTI simply chartreuse
Patterned Papers: Classic Calico Vol.3
Card base and sentiment: Craftwork Cards
Ink:DI Antique Linen (softened the card edges)
Dies: PTI beautiful blooms #2, turning a new leaf

Comments