MIM #89: Creating Windows for Floating Images

It's been a busy week with half term including Halloween and a fireworks display tonight. I still haven't finished the October PTI blog hop! This is my card for this week's Make it Monday:
This photo shows the inside through the floating window:
It occcured to me afterwards that I could have added the circular happy birthday to a punched hole in the middle so it would all be level.
We went trick or treating in the rain on Wednesday night - nothing will deter my children's Halloween! One of my neighbour's managed to scare them. They go all out for Halloween (smoke machine, music, costumes, decorations) it's amazing. We just carve our pumpkins. Light them with candles and place them either side of our front door. These were this year's:

I did get some ideas from Warwick Castle for next year. I thought these wooden crosses with plaques were a great idea:

Another one said: I told you I was sick

If you haven't visited Warwick Castle I thoroughly recommend it. It's fabulous in the Summer when they have a jousting show and also at Halloween. This year's haunted hallow featured Miss Haversham from Great Expectations. It had a happy ending with a coffin full of sweets!
This is the beautiful view from the peacock garden:
There were lots of peacock's basking in the sunshine behind us.
Bye for now.

Supplies used:
Stamps: PTI Hello Sunshine, Paula Pascual Mixed Sentiments
Inks: PTI harvest gold, summer sunrise, Versafine onyx black, Versamark (to emboss)
Embossing powder: WOW clear multi sparkle
Cardstock: PTI kraft, vintage cream
Dies: Spellbinders nestablitities circles, PTI Block Alphabet Numbers Collection

Comments

  1. Your card is beautiful, I love the rays!!! That peacock garden looks great!!! I love doing garden walks and tours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rats, I deleted a comment that showed up twice, and now they're both gone! Anyway, I wanted to let you know that I love your card with the 40 over the sentiment and the rays, your Jack Skellington pumpkin is fantastic, and that I've been to Warwick castle 12 years ago on a driving tour of England/Scotland. Loved it, and all the activities on the grounds of the majestic old castle!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment