Trendy Chalkboards

This post is inspired by Betsy Veldman; her trendy chalkboard cards and tutorial are outstanding. I had to give this a go!

I think this is one of my favourite cards ever. I was a primary school teacher so have fond memories of chalkboards. Whiteboards have taken over in the modern built classrooms but I was lucky enough to once have the use of a massive chalkboard and whiteboard (it rotated). The string and pegs also remind me of classrooms as you peg up art and number lines too. This card is being posted (the recipient lives too far away for hand delivery) so I think the pegs will have to come off and I'll stick the line down.

It's my turn to hit 40 soon! When I last posted I said I had a stinky cold- this was seriously underestimating whatever virus that hit me this Christmas.  Luckily I've had lots of rest and will hopefully be back to normal again soon.  Happy New Year. Have a try at the tutorial - I promise it's fun! This is being entered into the Papertrey Ink #98: Chalkboard technique challenge.

Supplies used:
White embossing powder, White pencil, White signo uni-ball pen
Inks:Versamark, PTI fresh snow
Cardstock: PTI aqua mist, kraft, Morrisons black
Patterned Papers: MME the Sweetest Thing (tangerine)
Dies:PTI By the Number
Stamps: PTI Movers and Shakers sentiments, Script Sentiments, Big Birthday Wishes

Comments

  1. So sorry you've been sick. You really nailed this technique. Love the chalkboard look, and the sentiments and card design you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the card! Love the chalkboard technique and the "40" banner in designer paper hanging from the twine absoultely reminds me of a classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, and totally awesome with the 40 in designer paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card! Love how you added a touch of color with the designer paper. I wish I were 40 again!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment