watercoloured artsy look!

I saw Joyce and Marybeth's beautiful cards inspired by Tracey McNeeley's card for the Muse Challenge blog and decided to play along.

The roses were stamped to overlap (like Tracey's card) and then brushed over with a waterbrush. Dye inks are fab for this technique. I then used Mr Huey's spray mist with a waterbrush to add in a messy background. At first it was pretty and that wasn't the effect I wanted as I've been admiring Mrs McVey's artsy watercoloured cards lately. So I added more ink afterwards!

I enjoyed a wonderful countryside walk with my daughter today and she has always loved roses so this card is going to go to her.

Thanks in advance for any kind comments.
Victoria

Supplies
Cardstock: watercolour, PTI aqua mist
Stamps: PTI The Sweet Life, Simply You
Inks: momento angel pink, JB cough syrup, PTI simply chartreuse, versafine onyx black, Mr Hueys Heirloom Blue

Comments

  1. Wow! That blue background is so cool and makes your flowers really POP! Thanks so much for playing with this week's Muse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very beautiful take on the card and your background is fantastic. Thank you so much for playing along with us this week at Muse.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment