Shakers & Sprinkles

So this year Betsy Veldman has been designing limited edition Make It Market kits for Papertrey Ink which I am powerless to resist. Oh I've tried......the postage to the UK makes these really expensive. Shakers & Sprinkles doesn't disappoint. I made my first card using the patterned paper collection and thought I totally have to be able to make this once the paper is gone!
using patterned paper & foam from kit
stencilled circles on Papermill card


After die cutting some circle shapes with dies onto acetate I was able to use these as a stencil. I love the distress mini tool so that and distress inks (one Hero Arts too) was used to make the circles. The stars and sentiment were stamped with stamps included in the kit. The foam is slightly thicker and I need to run it through my Big Shot a couple of times as it didn't cut as cleanly as I'd have liked in places - the main thing is that I can buy this in the UK.

So now I am happy I can re-create this card anytime I want! Papermill have a challenge to win a box of their card based on June. As well as eating cherries, watermelon and strawberries... June also means summer fete cupcakes for fund raising at school. My favourite is sprinkles or jelly diamonds on top! Did you see that a woman dialed 999 because she only had sprinkles on one side of her ice-cream? It was on the BBC news urging people not to waste emergency services time.

Love
Victoria

supplies
Distress inks: scattered straw, picked raspberry, tumbled glass, crushed olive, spiced marmalade
Shakers and Sprinkles Make It Market kit
Card base: Papermill super smooth white 300 gsm
other card: PTI raspberry fizz, aqua mist, harvest gold, orange zest
3mm double sided foam Pondskipper  crafts

Comments

  1. This is pretty Victoria - love that you can stencil your own version any time! It is crazy what people will call emergency services about, but missing sprinkles belongs at the top of the list!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both such pretty and fun cards. So glad you can recreate that card with supplies you'll have on hand after the kit is gone. That's why dies are such a bargain, right? The more dies you buy, the more money you are saving, so you should keep buying dies. haha. at least that is what I am telling myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SUCH a pretty card...LOVE the sequins and the colors! Thanks so much for stoppin' by the Neat & Tangled blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really wish I had gotten this set from Betsy, it is so lovely! Love the use of color on your card! Just wanted to let you know that I've nominated you for the Liebster award, you can read about it here: http://lexscreations.blogspot.com/2014/06/the-liebster-award.html
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment