MAKE IT MONDAY #306: EASY FAN BRUSH TREES

Were you shocked by Nichole Heady's resignation from Papertrey Ink? I was! I've learnt so many tips and been inspired by her numerous times as well as loving the products she designs.

Betsy Veldman's tutorial for this weeks MIM was awesome.  I bought a fan brush and acrylic paint from my local craft shop then following her guidance created 2 Christmas cards. I absolutely love the tutorial tips - made me feel like an artist.

 So I don't have a cute deer or snowman but I do have a flamingo...I thought this would make my husband smile. On this next card I stamped the star from Holiday:Stylish Sentiments over the tree.
My new distress oxide inks were used to blend the sky and I then used distress inks to paint the trees. It might snow here at the weekend - fingers crossed.  I love it when it snows!

Best wishes
Victoria

Comments

  1. I have to admit that I was completely shocked when Nichole left and so very sad. Your cards are lovely. I had to laugh when I saw the flamingo! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, both of them! The flamingo is a fun idea, and a great colour contrast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card with the flamingo made me smile too, so I'm sure your husband will love it! Two really beautiful cards...well done!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are beautiful, especially with the addition of the gold embossing. The flaming is a fun addition!

    No, I wasn't surprised about Nichole, in fact right before her announcement I told a few people I thought she might be leaving PTI.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how clever of you Miss Victoria! LOVE the flamingo :-D
    And, your fan brush trees are wow-gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are fantastic! Love the pink flamingo! So fun and creative! The trees and gold embossing look outstanding! Great take on the challenge Victoria!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun cards! The flamingo made me laugh too =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goodness the trees look amazing! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so gorgeous! I love that striking pink flamingo against the snowy backdrop :)! Your second trees are so lovely with the gradient colors~!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job on your trees! I love the gold embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how wonderfully fun is your flamingo card! Both cards are gorgeous and your trees came out fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment